Part I of the 1.17 Caves & Cliffs update has been released today by developer Mojang on all platforms.
Part I does not include all Caves & Cliffs features due to the update being split in two back in April.
However there are still a plethora of new features available in Part I. These include:
- amethyst geode structures, found underground
- azalea flora, found in the new lush caves
- the axolotl, found underground, which attacks aquatic mobs
- goats, found in mountains, which like to ram other mobs
- glow squids, found underground, which drop glow ink that can craft glowing item frames or signs
- copper ore and copper blocks, which weather over time
- candles, which come in 16 different colours
- tinted glass, an opaque form of glass
- the spyglass, used to zoom in on a far-away area
- dripstone stalactites and stalagmites
- deepslate rock, found at the bottom of the world and can be crafted into many different variants
- bundles, used to store a haphazard collection of items
- sculk sensors, which detect vibration
- and more!
Features to be added Part II include the manor world generation changes like an increased world height, mountain biome overhaul, and the deep dark biome set to include the new warden mini-boss. These features were originally added during development for 1.17 but were removed when the update was split.
Part II of Caves & Cliffs is set to release at the end of this year as version 1.18.
In the meantime, Part I is available now on all supported platforms. Simply update the app on mobile or open the launcher on PC to get the new version, 1.17.