In an asset update released by Mojang , the game's splash text – randomised pulsating text that appears on the main menu – was replaced with around a dozen phrases giving coronavirus advice.
The new splash texts are themed around hygiene, staying inside, and looking after vulnerable groups. Here are all the splash texts you could see in-game:
- Wash your hands!
- Soap and water!
- Support local businesses!
- Stay home and play games!
- Stay safe!
- Stay strong!
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow!
- Don’t touch your face!
- Support elderly relatives and friends!
- Prepare, but don’t hoard!
- Gamers unite – separately in your own homes!
- Save the world – stay inside!
- Shop for your elders!
- Hang out with your friends online!
This change affects versions 1.15 and 1.16 as well as their developmental snapshot versions. It is unknown how long these changes will last.
A couple of weeks ago the real-world